Your cart is currently empty
Khoresh Gheymeh – Beef and Yellow Split Pea Stew
Gheyme is one of the authentic Iranian dishes, as if it is in a close competition with Qorme Sabzi. Both of these dishes are very tasty, but their preparation is time-consuming. But the result will always be enjoyable for all family members. In this article, you can learn how to mke geymeh with potato or eggplant.
How to prepare minced meat stew for 4 people
The way to prepare ghyeme is very simple and you just need to follow some basic principles and of course have a little patience. Because Iranian dishes need to be cooked, and for this reason, it takes a little time to cook them. In the following, you will get to know the necessary ingredients and the recipe for ghee stew.
Necessary ingredients for meat stuffing
- Chopped onion, 1 large
- minced lamb, 680 grams
- Sliced potatoes, 2 large ones
- Yellow Split Pea, ¾ cup
- Water, 3 cups
- Tomato paste, 2 tablespoons
- olive oil, 6 tablespoons
- Brewed saffron, 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric, ½ teaspoon
- Salt, 2 teaspoons
- Freshly ground black pepper, ½ tsp
- Stuffing spice, ½ teaspoon
- dried lemon or lemone juice, 3 to 4 pieces
- Edible oil for frying potatoes, as needed
- First, pour 6 tablespoons of liquid oil into the pot and then fry the onions for 5 minutes.
- When the color of the onion is golden, you can add the pieces of meat to it.
- Fry the meat until it becomes caramelized and the surface of the meat pieces is slightly fried. At this stage, the meat will release a little water, roasting for 5 minutes is enough to evaporate the meat juice in the pot.
- Add tomato paste, salt, freshly ground black pepper, turmeric and ground spices to the meat and onion mixture. Mix the ingredients well and fry for another 5 minutes until the color of the oil inside the pot turns orange. Note that frying the tomato paste will make your stuffing taste stronger. This issue is one of the simplest secrets in how to prepare authentic ghee.
- At this stage of how to prepare ghee stew, you should pour 3 cups of water into the pot, put the heat on low and then close the lid of the pot. The meat should be cooked slowly for 1 hour until it is fully cooked.
- While the meat is cooking, you can cook the chickpeas in 2 cups of water. The Yellow Split Pea should be cooked until it becomes soft.
- When the meat is half cooked, you can add the Yellow Split Pea and then add the saffron and Omani lemon. You can make small holes in the Omani lemon with a fork or use only the flesh of the Omani lemon.
- Put the flame on a low temperature and let the stuffing cook for another 30 minutes or until the meat is completely cooked.
- On this occasion, you can fry the sliced potatoes in the pan. Pay attention that in the traditional Iranian ghee stew, the potato slices are usually thin and thin. Of course, this depends more on your taste.
- The stuffing is ready, you can put it in a serving dish and decorate the corner of the dish with fried potatoes.