Your cart is currently empty
Swedish Saffron Cake (Saffranskaka): How to make Swedish saffron cake
Cakes, sweets and desserts are among the things that will always refresh your soul in a beautiful evening with tea or coffee.
Few raw materials and simple cooking method are among the things that will tempt anyone to cook this cake. In this article, there are recipes and tips, or in other words, tips and tricks for baking saffron cake , so join us to prepare a pleasant evening meal.
.Sponge saffron cake recipe
The saffron sponge cake that will be taught below is one of the simplest types of sponge cakes that you can prepare at home. One of the most important ingredients of this cake is saffron , the quality and authenticity of which has a significant effect on the taste and aroma of your cake. Therefore, we suggest to purchase an original and organic product through the online purchase of saffron
Raw materials for preparing homemade saffron cake
- Multi-purpose flour, 2 cups
- Melted butter, 1 cup
- Eggs, 2 large ones
- Brewed saffron, ½ teaspoon
- Sugar, ¾ cup to 1 cup
- Milk, 1 cup
- Baking powder, 2 teaspoons
- Powdered sugar for decoration, if desired
How to make delicious saffron cake
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Choose a suitable mold and after greasing it with butter, sprinkle flour on the bottom of the mold.
- Grind the saffron strands with a little sugar in a mortar and then add a little warm milk and let it brew on a gentle heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. It is better to sift the flour twice so that its texture becomes velvety and uniform. In this case, it will be prevented from becoming a bullet.
- In another bowl, mix the sugar and eggs well to get a creamy mixture.
- Add a cup of melted butter, brewed saffron and milk to the sugar and egg mixture. Try to add milk little by little until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Now you can add the flour to the sugar, egg and milk mixture with a big spoon and in several steps.
- When adding the flour, stir the mixture well so that the dough does not lump.
- After the flour is finished, you can pour the mixture into a pre-greased and floured mold. At this stage, use a spatula and make the surface of the mixture smooth and uniform.
- Place the saffron cake mold in the middle of the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 35-40 minutes.
- After the cooking time is over, check the saffron cake, if its sides are slightly away from the mold and it doesn't stick to it when you test it with a toothpick, then your cake is ready.
- Remove the mold from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool.
- Take the cake out of the mold and decorate it with powdered sugar or powdered sugar and fruits of the season if you wish.
Tips for preparing saffron cake
- Sift the multi-purpose flour twice until the texture is velvety and soft. In this way, the formation of lumps or balls in the dough will be prevented.
- If you are using unsalted butter, you can add 1/8 teaspoon of salt when adding the butter to the egg and sugar mixture.
- You can also brew saffron strings with a small amount of water, but adding a small amount of milk instead of water will give it a new taste.
- The eggs in this recipe are large, if the eggs in your fridge are small, you can use 3 small eggs.
- Grease the mold first with butter or some liquid oil and then sprinkle flour so that the saffron cake ingredients do not stick to it and the cake can be easily removed from the mold after cooking.
- The quality of saffron can greatly affect the taste of your cake. We suggest that you buy your saffron from EBV's saffron .
- Use a wooden toothpick to ensure the cake is fully baked. If the saffron cake is fully cooked, when you insert a toothpick into the cake, the cake liquid will not stick to its walls. This is a simple but practical way to determine the right time to remove the cake from the oven
Swedish saffron cake nutritional value table
|Nutrient||the amount of|
|sugar Loaf||16 grams|
Saffron cake is one of the types of simple cakes with basic ingredients that can be found in every home. So you don't need many ingredients to prepare it. On the other hand, the steps to prepare it are also very simple and you only have to keep in mind a series of points that we have mentioned in this article to have a sponge cake with a soft and delicate texture.